A new role has arisen within a growing organisation in Sheffield for a qualified Tax Manager to take charge of all tax affairs for the business.
The business has a turnover in the region of £250m, with over 1,000 employees operating from multiple locations across the UK. The Group has operations globally and continues to expand its footprint internationally.
In the UK they are one of the market leaders and work very closely with their clients on their product offerings. The continued growth of the business has placed increased demand on then finance team leading to the creating of a new role dedicated for a Tax Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing tax and VAT compliance, reporting, filing and payment requirements in line with applicable laws and regulations;
- The preparation of corporation tax computations, including R&D claims, and the associated analysis to support those computations;
- Oversight of the preparation of VAT returns and ECSL reporting;
- Managing ad-hoc tax and VAT projects as they arise;
- The preparation and submission of employment tax related returns (P11D, P11D(b) and PSA);
- Managing tax risk across the business, including that relating to Senior Accounting Officer reporting;
- Lead liaisons with the wider group tax team at Head Office
- Developing and implementing tax best practice;
- Providing oversight and assistance to other functions within the business regarding operational and employment taxes;
- Half-year and year-end tax provisioning;
- Assessing the impact of changes in tax regulation and accounting standards on the tax position of the business;
- Advising the business on strategic tax risk issues;
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and drafting proposals for consideration;
- Maintaining transfer pricing documentation and ensuring compliance with UK to UK and cross-border transfer pricing regulations;
- Taking responsibility for, or involvement in, other areas relevant to the wider business as and when required.
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant
- CTA qualified with 2 years+ experience working in a tax role
- Strong intellect and a pragmatic approach
- Ability to meet deadlines and take ownership and responsibility for workload
- Positive attitude, approachable personality and a good sense of humour
- Good communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate credibly within a professional environment
- An eye for detail and the ability to consider and raise wider issues
- A desire to maintain a high quality of output at all times
- Smart, professional manner and appearance
- Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Ability to increase work rate when required
- Salary: market rate depending upon experience
- Key benefits:
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pension scheme (10% employers' contribution)
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Life cover at 8 times salary
- Gym/Health Club Subsidy (up to £25 per month)
- 25 days holiday p.a. (rising to 27 days, 29 days and 30 days after 3, 5 and 10 years continuous service respectively) plus Bank Holidays.
- Fantastic working environment