Assistant Finance Accountant
About the Team
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic Finance team supporting our 550+ Retail stores. Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Retail Cash Accounting team is responsible for delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business.
As the Assistant Accountant you will be working as an integral part of our team. You will be responsible for supporting the Online Banking Team seeking to identify and drive efficiencies.
About the Role
- Be responsible for tender management and cost control through reconciling and managing retail stores credit and debit and gift card balances for annual sales of around £2.6bn.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet control accounts as well as monitoring daily transaction rejections to ensure a limited exposure to the financial P&L.
- Monitor and assess performance statistics and trends to identify problem areas and finding to improve processes.
- Provide detailed data analysis in relation to retail payments and other relevant business areas including working on new project trial reporting for key business areas.
- Be a key driver in project testing in terms of scoping tests and assessing the output including liaising with internal systems and updating progress and areas of concern to the management team.
- Be a proactive in helping the team to improve existing processes and support the business.
- Experience in a similar role and part qualified CIMA/ ACCA or ACA
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment with changing priorities.
- Experience of Balance Sheet Reconciliations would be advantageous.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your work and work successful to multiple deadlines.
- Great communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships influence and constructively challenge.
- Strong financial controls experience with advanced Excel skills.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
To apply please visit our website via the button below.