Forensic Analytics Assistant Manager, Big Data, Financial Advisory
Investigating fraud, bribery and corruption, financial crime - it's just another day at the office for our Forensic Technology experts.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Forensic Technology practice. We work with both UK and global Deloitte partners to undertake a wide range of fraud, corruption and regulatory investigations. We also help our clients harness technology to identify and address related challenges in a variety of industries.
As the leading company for global forensic and dispute advisory services, we're constantly sought out by high-profile organisations who need to perform extensive, complex and often urgent investigations into their business operations and data. Our rapidly growing analytics team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds. We apply our combined skills and experience to find new ways of solving our clients' most complex data and analysis challenges.
The scope of our work, which ranges from developing technical solutions to advising clients and helping them to proactively manage their own risks, means that you will find numerous opportunities to grow your own portfolio of skills and excel at what you do best. Away from project work, we offer both formal and informal support for continuous professional development, to accelerate your career progression within a rapidly growing team.
You can expect to work on challenging, client-facing projects and be actively involved in growing our business from day one. Join us and you'll be joining a growing team of multi-disciplinary, technically excellent and highly motivated people.
Using cutting edge technology you'll work alongside specialists, often in multi-disciplinary teams, helping to solve our clients' most data intensive challenges. In particular, as a Big Data specialist you are expected to support projects by enabling the analysis of complex, disparate and often enormous data sets. You will keep abreast of current industry best practice and leverage open source and vendor software to accelerate the work of our wider forensic teams and provide in depth insight to our clients.
Leading project workstreams you will help to find solutions for clients on projects arising from high-profile legal or commercial disputes or driven by compliance and risk issues, particularly in the financial crime and regulatory fields.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Working with clients and other project stakeholders to understand their requirements;
• Delivering analytical work either individually or leading a small team of junior colleagues;
• Reviewing and analysing large and disparate data sets and reporting on identified issues and anomalies;
• Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of your work by performing tests and preparing quality control documentation;
• Leveraging your skills experience to identify, propose and assist with the development of new solutions to client problems;
• Contributing to the firm's talent agenda, managing and working effectively in diverse teams and helping to foster an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution;
• Supporting the ambition of the team to be the leading forensic analytics experts in the UK and beyond, through growing the team to enable development of a broad range of quality client relationships across all industries and through the adoption of both cutting-edge and well-established technologies;
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London or St. Albans with a requirement for national and international travel for specific client projects. We work across various industries - our clients are wide-ranging, and associated projects will vary in both location and duration.
Suggested work pattern: This is a permanent role with options for flexible working. At times work may be required outside standard office hours in order to meet the needs of our clients.
Your professional experience
• Experience of undertaking project-based work;
• Significant professional experience gained in roles of increasing responsibility;
• Ability to work with and lead a small team, helping to motivate junior team members;
• A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results of your work in a business context;
• Supporting the development of junior colleagues through knowledge sharing;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences;
• Contribution to or development of proposals and propositions for internal or external clients;
• Development and analysis using one or more big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, NoSQL, Hortonworks);
• Building and implementing big data solutions using industry best practice tools, technologies and methods;
• Developing architecture roadmaps to implement next generation analytics solutions and migrate relational data environments to big data technologies;
• Use of ‘traditional' data analytics tools and techniques (e.g. MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL) and ETL software (e.g. SSIS, Informatica, CloverETL);
• Working in large scale cloud data solutions using platforms such as AWS or Azure;
• Scripting or programming (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, C#);
• Deploying solutions in Linux / Unix environments;
• Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications;
• Experience of working on projects for external clients;
• Experience of working in or working on projects in regulated industries, particularly financial services.
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 153978