Legal Entity Controller
The LEC team provides all financial reporting activities for legal entities across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. This includes statutory, Sarbanes Oxley and Public Company attestations and all other financial reporting.
Liaising with Group reporting in the USA, and other functional departments (Tax, Treasury, Product Control, Operations and Legal) both locally and globally.
The aim is to ensure that the individual can make an important contribution to the continued development of the Legal Entity Control team, the Finance function in all non-US locations, raising the bar in terms of quality, control and consistency.
A list of the main duties and expected outcomes of the role
- Understand fully the entities and the underlying business for all responsible entities.
- Preparation of monthly / quarterly reports on the results of their responsible entities and ensure that deadlines are met on time with accurate information.
- Production of statutory accounts for the required entities under their responsibilities and to deal with the auditors and ensure timely delivery of information, responses and ensure timely sign off of the audited accounts.
- Understand, provide guidance and review intercompany recharges, allocations and transfer pricing processes between service entities and trading entities in the UK as well as recharges between different geographies.
- Ensure all reconciliations are prepared and reviewed. Prepare overviews of areas for concern and report to management.
- Review inter-company break report and discuss resolution of issues with opposite, inter-company relationship controller.
- Review un-posted journals report for entries affecting their entities and ensure quick resolution of issues and postings made as appropriate.
- Review control account / suspense / wash account / daily summary and ensure resolution of any breaks pre-month end as appropriate.
- Review cash break report and help facilitate / clear breaks for responsible entities.
- Drive forward and co-ordinate the process of liquidating and dissolving redundant entities as well as restorations where appropriate.
- Review and document processes and controls
- To assist the Legal Entity Control Manager in continuing to maintain, develop and improve the control environment within the team and to ensure the team delivers all goals by working well with others and having a can do and will do attitude.
- Provide ad hoc reporting to Senior Management.
Candidates will be Qualified ACA or ACCA and hold a strong understandiong of financial control and reporting.