Finance Business Partner - 12 Month FTC - Leicester
Grow with a company that puts customers first
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team based in Leicester as a Finance Business Partner on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
As a Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for reporting and management of costs for the Group Items & Retail Divisions in terms of month-end accounting & reporting, forecasting and budgeting. Providing professional cost management advice and support to stakeholders within the business areas.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Finance Business Partner your main responsibilities will be
- Preparation of annual budgets which includes liaising with the key stakeholders throughout the business to collect data, ensure updates into the budgeting model & production of budget packs to meet key deadlines
- Preparation of all quarterly forecasting, including liaising with key stakeholders to understand the costs, preparing of key reporting packs to for the reporting team to meet key deadlines
- Providing detailed commentary for month-end reporting meeting & completion of monthly packs, identifying key risks & opportunities
- Month-end accounting in terms of creating & posting the monthly journals and prepayments
- Provide support for the allocations and service costing's model and preparation and review of board reports for Cater Allen and SIM and liaising with the stakeholders
- Submission of monthly AORP's involving reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Ensure business performance is reported accurately & all risks are identified and addressed appropriately and tracking all budget transfers to ensure appropriate control is maintained
- Review and approve all spend requests for the Decentralised CMU and tracking of logistics costs & flagging key risks
Minimum skills and experience required
- Part-Qualified or qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) or significant experience in working in a Finance / cost function
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with senior stakeholders within and outside of Finance
- Finance Business Partnering experience coupled with strong communication skills with the confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Highly numerate, with strong attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy and ability to effectively plan and organise work in order to meet strict deadlines
- Proficient with MS Office Excel (Sumifs, Pivot tables, formulas, creating & maintaining models) and accounting systems such as Essbase & Walker
Salary is £35,000 - £40,000 basic
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be working in our Carlton Park offices just outside of Leicester city centre in Narborough. With a restaurant, coffee shop, Santander branch and free parking on site, well known childcare facility and gym nearby, it offers something for everyone.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.