Executive Director, Regional Consumer Bkg/Wealth Mgt Business Finance, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
- Partner with Business management in developing a deep understanding of key performance drivers to support strategic decisions and provide independent inputs on business trends / related issues
- Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies
- Ensure fact-based discussion and direction-setting on all key business issues underpinning revenue growth, profitability, productivity etc.
- Provide strategic guidance on critical initiatives (e.g., country-level strategy; new product launches; business growth initiatives)
- Drive annual planning process for the business as well as establish strong performance management discipline
- Prepare monthly/Quarterly financial forecast, and participate in planning and budgeting on CBG/WM MIS financial and products across all countries, segments, products and channels
- Provide analytical support for key initiatives across the region
- Analyze the cost structure of the business and support cost management process for CBG/WM.
- Drive Digital Value Creation (DVC) mapping and delivery partnering with key stakeholders
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Ensure consistency and compliance with Group policies, new accounting standards, and assist in rollout of new standards
- Work closely with countries to review monthly financial performance, as well as investigate variances and identify business risks and opportunities.
- Automate and execute robust cross check of regional/global production process and data, creating a reliable and granular error catching review process across each data run for current and historic data.
- Own and be accountable for timeliness, data accuracy and process adaptation as needed in delivery of various Regional Reporting data sets and reports to various stakeholders.
- Participate in the ongoing process reviews, process streamlining and participation in automation projects.
- Support ad-hoc queries and any other adhoc tasks/projects
- Develop & embed analytical capabilities within the finance team
- Manage, mentor and develop team members
- Minimum 15 years of experience in management accounting / strategic planning
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics
- Advanced degree in Accountancy or a Finance related discipline or Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
- Good knowledge of MS office suite (excel, word, power point). Having MS Access will be preferable, though not a prerequisite.
- Experience with Hyperion, VBA, Qlikview, BI tools will be advantageous.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; strategic thinker; hands-on and delivery focused
- Broad-based understanding of consumer and wealth management business and product dynamics
- Good retail banking and wealth management products knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead team to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.