Senior Economist / Economist
• Conduct economic analysis and forecast on China economy as well as the global economy
• Conduct financial market analysis and forecast on selected global financial markets
• Conduct sectoral analysis and forecast on selected industries in China as well as Hong Kong
• Assist the Chief Economist to prepare Bank's house-views on economic, market developments and outlook to difference media channels including newspapers, TV, radio and websites
• Interact with various departments of the Bank through providing data/ information and forecast inputs for modeling, planning and documenting works
• Provide responses to ad hoc requests from the Bank's management and business counterparts in respect to the latest economic/ industry/ market/ policy developments
• Prepare write ups and publications including research reports, analysis notes, presentations, article publications, media mentions and forecast summary tables
• PhD degree holder in Economics or related disciplines
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of research experience as an economist, with at least 3 years on China economy
• Sound knowledge in economics including macro-economic policy and economic frameworks
• High degree of attentiveness and responsiveness to market movements and internal changes including adversities
• Robust analytical capability, both qualitative and quantitative
• Insightful and justified views on China economy
• Good command of English and Chinese including Putonghua
• Strong writing and presentation skills
~~For more details about career opportunities with the Bank, please visit our website http://www.cncbinternational.com/careers/en/index.jsp. Please apply with full resume stating current and expected salaries.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purposes only. Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. However, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Group for a period of not more than 2 years. Personal data will be destroyed at any time after 3 months.
China CITIC Bank International is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and intends to provide a work environment free of unlawful discrimination or harassment. All employment decisions will be made in a non-discriminatory manner.