VP, HKMA Regulatory Reporting (US TIER 1 BANK)
Duties & respnsibilities:
The candidate is required to review and supervise regulatory reporting for banking entities. This role would require:
- Ability to review banking returns to ensure compliance with HKMA reporting requirements;
- Support regulatory reporting automation and process improvements;
- Participate in new system implementation and projects;
- Participate in ad-hoc reporting, new system implementation and projects;
- Participate in new product launch including various derivatives and structured products, etc.
- Ensure new requirements are appropriately understood, interpreted and implemented;
- Review banking returns to ensure compliance with HKMA reporting requirements;
- Oversea and ensure efficient progress made in automation project;
- Ability to think independently and enhance control and efficiency improvements in process flows within Finance;
- Enhance control and efficiency in process flows;
- Participate in new product reviews to ensure appropriate inclusion in accounting and reporting while being proactive to identify impact to key ratios and regulatory reporting;
- Act as financial and business advisors to business management;
- Liaise with regulators, auditors, business units and support groups to handle any issues, etc.
- Qualified accountant or equivalent professional qualification;
- At least 12-15 years' experience in financial institutions / big 4 audit firms, with significant time in regulatory reporting;
- Practical working knowledge of HKMA banking regulations, including completion instructions of regulatory reporting is required, viz., Asset and Liabilities, Capital Adequacy, Loans and Advances, Liquidity Monitoring Tools, Liquidity Maintenance Ratio, International Banking Statistics, Mainland Activities, Large Exposure, Interim Financial disclosures, etc.