Legal Counsel / Negotiator
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Job Summary / Job Purpose
Negotiate and coordinate the legal and documentary aspects of the onboarding process for OTC derivative, repo and stock lending master and collateral agreements (i.e. ISDA Master Agreement, Credit Support Annex, Global Repurchase Agreement, GMSLA, NAFMII master agreements, etc...) in the Asia Pacific region excluding Japan.
- Maintain accurate records of master agreements both executed and under negotiation.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date templates of master agreements and associated documents to meet legal requirements in the Asia Pacific region excluding Japan.
- Keep abreast of legal issues and developments on master documentation in various legal jurisdictions in Asia-Pacific.
- Act as regional master agreement know-how expert.
- Potential monitoring and supervision of the negotiation team in Bangalore.
Academic Background (degree and major)
- Law Degree from a reputable law school. Legally qualified (ideally English, PRC, HK or Commonwealth).
Working Experience /Technical Skills & Knowhow
- At least 8 years' professional experience preferably in a leading international financial institution and/or a reputable law firm. Experience in dealing with NAFMII master agreement is essential.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and strong team spirit.
- English and Mandarin essential.