It is to post and examine receivables and any related records day by day.
.Make sure the records are accurate in order to help system run efficiently and close on time
Managing the reconciliations sufficiently.
1. Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
2. Updates receivables by totalling unpaid invoices.
3. Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
4. Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
5. Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
6. Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
7. Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
8. Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
9. Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
10. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
11. Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed