Licensing Compliance Officer
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in over 50 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation.
Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Licensing Compliance Officer to join the Licensing Compliance team. This is a fixed term maternity contract until August 2019, based in Glasgow.
The Licensing Compliance team is responsible for the arrangements for Approved Employers holding PCD status across all ACCA markets, thus supporting ACCA students and members to obtain practising certificates and with ACCA Ireland and ACCA UK, contribute to ACCA’s business relationships with these firms.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Carrying out Approved Employer advisory and monitoring visits in the UK, Ireland and other practising certificate audit territories in line with agreed regulatory standards and the rolling visit plan
- Providing support and training to the Authorisation team, in particular the review of experience records in support of practising certificate applications
- Contributing to the design, implementation and review of regulatory procedures and systems to ensure efficient and effective performance of the Licensing department as a whole
- providing up to date support and advice to students, members, employers, tuition providers and other market influencers on all aspects of ACCA in particular training and development
- Undertaking presentations as part of the monitoring process, providing guidance and support to ACCA members seeking practising certificates
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is educated to degree level or equivalent and holds a professional accountancy qualification
- Has demonstrable experience of the UK/Irish accountancy firm sector - essential
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners
- Well-developed written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Holds a UK driving license and has access to own vehicle
- Is happy with significant travel in role, including overnight stays away from home
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including Private Healthcare, Income Protection and Group Pension Plan
- Customisable benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexi-time, dress down Fridays and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application.
Close date: 15/10/2018