Sales Ledger and Banking Finance Assistant
This Sales Ledger and Banking Finance Assistant role is working with a global leading consultancy firm in Central Cambridge who pride themselves on their service provision and staff retention and are in search of an accurate team player with good banking experience and exposure
This global consultancy firm who have a stellar reputation for leading from the front in terms of employee and customer satisfaction. Based in great offices in Central Cambridge they have an open and sociable culture and are looking for an individual to lead their banking, cash and invocicing operations.
This Sales Ledger and Banking Finance Assistant role is primarily intended to be responsible for the processing of cash receipts and invoices, dealing with the associated queries. Additionally, the role will require effective support and cover for chasing of debt and to coordinate its collection with the staff at the colleges as required.
- Ensure accurate and daily customer invoicing, including application of discounts and expenses.
- Process all business unit bank receipts.
- Reconcile business unit bank accounts.
- Liaise directly with clients, customers and staff regarding accounts.
- Issue refunds in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure that consistent procedures are followed in the cashing of outstanding fees and to assist in the process of devising effective procedures for cash collection.
- Record payment adjustments to customer accounts, for example deduction of commission at source, inter-company transfers, and transfers between client accounts.
- Perform various accounting reconciliations and analysis as befits a controlled accounting environment.
- Assist in the process of ensuring that commission is paid on a timely basis and dealing with all queries from agents on payment of commission on a timely basis as required.
Sales Ledger and Banking Finance Assistant experience and characteristics desired;
- Strong sales ledger, banking and invoicing experience
- inter-company accounts exposure
- Exposure using Sage for postings and payments
- Team player
- Excel capability to use spreadsheets
- Confidence to manage the banking and companies cash
- Experience in a fast paced environment or group setup desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary and package
- Good public transport links and walkable to Cambridge station
- flexible working
- great office environment
- experienced and a strong management team very keen to train and develop staff