Assistant Management Accountant
My Client, a large Public Sector and Government organisation in Letchworth Garden City are in need of an Assistant Management Accountant to join them. This will be a brilliant opportunity to work for a great company and have a real commercial impact on the team & business moving forward.
My client are a corner stone of the community within which they operate. They are long established and constantly trying to improve processes. A big part of this is the analysis work that is done by the finance team & in turn the business partners they have, that liaise with operational heads to interpret the data.
By creating a new structure of the Finance team, the Assistant Management Accountant have managed to create fulfilling commercial roles that are brilliant for the candidates to develop; and have allowed non finance managers to access and understand key financial information.
Reporting to the Financial Controller this Assistant Management Accountant is responsible for:
- Assisting the production of Management Accounts and associated reporting for the business on a monthly, daily and ad-hoc basis.
- Supporting the Service business area as specified Finance Business Partner
- Ad-hoc requests for analysis and reporting;
- Analysis of revenue trends and associated data, being pro-active in running scenarios,giving recommendations and questioning business areas in relation to anomalies etc.
- Build strong relationships with the Service Business Area in order to build trust, confidence and to inspire business areas to take responsibility for budgets and request information from the Business Partner in order to aid business decisions.
- Attend Profit Centre Reviews as finance representative, giving advice and guidance and challenging as required.
- Part qualified accountant, studying towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA - preferred - or CIMA)
- Experience in a management accountant or finance business partner role
- Analytical thinker with hands-on experience of financial data analysis and reporting, able to extract and communicate complex analysis and trends clearly and concisely to non-finance managers
- Relationship builder and credible professional, experienced in managing stakeholders
- Ambitious, willing to make an impact on business
- Competent user of MS Office tools, in particular Excel at intermediate level (complex formulas, lookups, pivots, links; macro knowledge not required)
- All-round technical and commercial finance knowledge with previous experience in finance business partnering / commercial finance in a technology focused environment
On offer is a brilliant opportunity for a commercial part qualified candidate to further their experience at a great new company.
Due to the nature of this opportunity arising, this will be an opportunity to get back into a position at short notice.