Interim Head of Tax - Top Law Firm
A top law firm is looking for head of tax for a 12 months period to cover a maternity leave. The person will be directly responsible for the Partners and the partnership's tax affairs both in the UK and US.
A top UK law firm with an excellent reputation.
Responsible for all aspects of the partnership's tax affairs, general duties include:
* Ensuring overall partnership tax compliance both in UK and for the New York office;
* Review of tax structuring of current / new investments and advising on international tax structuring of the Firm's activities;
* Liaison with advisers (e.g. lawyers, auditors, tax advisers) and HMRC;
* Management of the Firm's relationship with partners tax accountants, including review of fee structures, quality of information provided, etc;
* Communication with partners about their individual balances, and dealing with any queries raised by partners or their tax accountants;
* General withholding tax management and resolution of related queries;
* Responding to ad-hoc information requests and performing ad-hoc analysis/project work.
Qualifications and skills
* Experience of completing partnership tax returns and preparation of income tax calculations;
* Strong understanding of UK income tax regulations and reporting requirements;
* Exposure to US tax affairs
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with senior individuals within the business;
£80,000 - £100,000 + benefits