The Team - Corporates Consulting
The Tech Risk team is an integral part of our Corporates Consulting practice. As a multi-disciplinary practice we deliver a comprehensive range of consulting services that our clients demand. Our Tech Risk specialists deliver four key proposition to our clients:
- Assurance of technology through Internal Audit.
- Attestation over the use of technology at third parties.
- The use of technology in the External Audit.
- Advice on the management of technology risk.
Our clients need to deal effectively with their operational risks, to achieve maximum value from their technology, data and processes and our Tech Risk specialists provide independent, jargon-free advice to help them achieve this potential.
We also work closely with other consulting teams, for example cyber security specialists, digital experts and technology strategists to ensure our clients receive the best possible advice.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
Roles and Responsibilities
A successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivering value added assurance services to clients.
- Conducting fieldwork and (on occasions) managing and supervising small project teams in delivery of assurance assignments.
- Assisting with engagement scoping, internal financial management, managing delivery risk, production and initial review of deliverables.
- Building and managing client relationships across a number of clients.
- Developing internal networks and maintaining relationships with colleagues across other teams.
- Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
Qualifications, Experience and Background
We expect that you will have:
- Proven experience in a technology risk and control / audit environment within professional services or an internal audit / risk function.
- A good understanding of technology platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills.
- Ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients.
- Capacity to deliver work within tight timescales to a high quality.
- Undergraduate Degree, ideally, in technology, business, or related field.
- First rate interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Strong team player qualities, but able to work on own initiative.
It would also be useful (but not a deal-breaker) if you have:
- Experience of business analysis and core business processes, for example, transaction processing, system development ledger systems.
- Experience within the financial services and/or corporates sector(s) and knowledge of systems and processes used within them.
- Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly at all levels.
- Recognised accounting / auditing (e.g. ACA, CIMA, CISA or similar) qualification(s), or working towards them.