(A) Assignment planning
- Assist in setting the audit objective, scope, audit approach/key focus areas, identification of risks and key controls for areas within the assigned audits.
- Understands the overall audit planning background, assists the preparation of the Audit Planning Memorandum (APM) and the development of the Terms of Reference (ToR).
(B) Audit execution
- Analysis of the business processes and assesses the risks inherent to those processes.
- Evaluates the design of the key controls, tests the operational effectiveness of the key controls and assesses the residual risk.
- Carries out audit activities utilising data analysis tools.
- Discusses the results of the audit work performed with the Senior Auditor and Audit Manager.
- Participates in close-out discussions with audit client and management.
- Assist in drawing up the audit report for the management of the business unit.
(D) Audit closure
- Ensures that audit work is completed and documented in the Audit Application in accordance with guidelines in the CAS Manual.
- Follows-up the closure of earlier reported audit findings and documents the results in the audit application.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with staff of the regional business units.
- Ensures that all audit stakeholders are actively kept up to date (no surprises) and ability to negotiate, influence and clearly communicate to audit clients to better understanding underlying risks.
- Builds a network within the CAS organisation internationally.
- A team player with a proactive attitude.
- Shows passion, drive and ambition.
- A challenger who is not afraid to express views.
- Has a drive for performance and motivation.
- Is meticulous, organised and able to multi-task
- Good problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Positively influences the team and organizational culture by proactively stimulating a “Can Do” / “Right on Time” / “Right First Time” mentality.
- Looks for and implements improvement opportunities.
- Achieves timely delivery of high quality audit service.
- A trusted business partner, while maintaining independence and objectivity
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- University degree in Accountancy or Banking and Finance.
- Certified Public Auditor (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Minimum of 7 years working experience, preferably in a risk or audit function.
- Experience in performing Lending and Compliance audits in the Banking sector
- Prior Big 4 experience
- Experience in data analytics, Continuous monitoring will be advantageous
- Willingness to travel