AVP - Cost Management
Job Purpose: To maintain, enhance and implement an effective planning and analysis capability for Costs/HC that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance. Lead the yearly budgeting and reporting processes and track actual Cost/HC performance against plans.
Key Responsibilities/Output Expected
1. Planning, forecasting, control, monitoring, reporting and daily support of OPEX & CAPEX
• Manages and performs pan bank annual OPEX/CAPEX budgeting exercise.
• Ensures achievement of cost to income ratio target.
• Monitors and ensures completeness of cost records in a monthly bases through month-end closing process.
• Maintains a wide range of periodic cost reports (expense wise, department wise and segmental cost reports) to improve visibility of costs.
• Provide cost report for Financial Packs (Mancom), Business reviews, Functional reviews & Departments by cost center
• Provides a daily support across the organization to ensure smooth operations.
• Reviews the cost allocation methodologies and ratios.
• Enhances and ensuring maximum utilization of technology through process automation and cost reports automation
• Supports cost forecast for the year.
2. Monitoring and recoding leasing revenue of investment properties
• Tracks Investment properties lease agreements.
• Ensures monthly rental revenue recognition.
3. Audit Co-ordination
• Providing all necessary audit related documentation
• Coordinates with other departments to support audit requirements.
• Addressing any audit related tasks which may assigned from time to time.
4. Detailed Cost Analysis
• Conduct a cost deep dive on all cost elements, functions providing insightful MIS
• Liaise with the business/functions heads/teams with respect to their cost base and provide a proactive support in highlighting the areas of concerns
• Support the management in tracking an maintaining lists of unbudgeted/project related expense