Interim School Business Manager
A wide-ranging and broad remit with a need for someone who has broad management responsibilities across the school and a range of professionals and agencies. This will involve finance, project management, health and safety amongst others.
Our client is an all-through, co-educational independent school based in Surrey easily accessible from South London.
The School, which enjoys a strong academic reputation and maintains the highest teaching standards, has a mission to ensure that each and every student reaches their full potential; an ambition that is realised through small class sizes, excellent facilities and a close working relationship between highly qualified staff, parents and students.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Bursar in ensuring the effective deployment of support staff and the efficient
use of school resources including finance, security, sites and buildings.
- Deputising on Health and Safety matters.
- Supporting the Bursar in the induction of new staff.
- Assisting the Bursar with all capital projects
- Assisting the Bursar with day to day maintenance requests
- Ad Hoc projects
- Assist the Bursar with the implementation of new systems and procedures
- Documenting systems and procedures under the guidance of the Bursar.
As Health and Safety Deputy:
- Assist in management of Health and safety on all sites.
- Support the Bursar with preparations for the Health and Safety Committee.
- Liaise with Health and Safety consultants.
- Coordinate minibus tests and assessments.
- Undertake regular Health and Safety walks around all sites and ensure risk assessments are
Financial role: the Assistant Bursar/Business Manager will support the Bursar in the
management of all financial aspects of the School including, amongst others:
- ParentPay - Administrator/User for ParentPay system.
- Manage and oversee cashless till system and balances.
- Fees including:
- Raising ad hoc invoices;
- Assist with debt collection process;
- Assisting with the preparation of annual accounts for audit;
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts;
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management reports; and
- Assisting with the preparation of regular departmental reports.
- PSFA (Parent, Staff and Friends Association) including:
- Assisting with the preparation of PSFA accounts for integrating into School accounts;
Payroll and Pensions
- Assisting with the monthly payroll process.
- Assisting with the administration of the Teachers' Pensions scheme monthly returns;
and the Support Staff pension scheme.
The successful candidate will;
- Relevant accounting qualification.
- High standard of literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
- University Degree or higher academic qualification.
- Further degree/ACCA/CIMA/CSBM/Business qualification.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience of monitoring performance of contractors.
- Relevant financial and business experience.
- Experience of working with a (school) management information
system (iSAMS) and Office 365.
- Experience of working in an educational environment.
- Experience of premises development/buildings maintenance.