The Management Accountant will play a key role in overseeing and coordinating the financial management of a growing, global organisation
My client are a private equity-backed, rapidly-growing organisation with a global footprint. They have a very high quality group finance function based here in Bristol, of which this newly-created MA role will play a key part.
- Preparation of Management Accounts holding companies, including: posting prepayments and accruals; reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts; reconciliation of recharges to/from subsidiaries; reconciliation of on-going project costs; calculation and posting of foreign exchange adjustments on external and internal debt balances; reconciliation of inter-company position and production of inter-company certificates; explanation of variances to budget & forecast; preparation of accompanying monthly business commentary.
- Preparation of invoices to subsidiaries, including: management charges; licence fees; interest charges; insurance; other ad hoc recharges
- Treasury management, including: Monthly bank reconciliations for holding accounts; production of weekly cash-flow forecasts for A-Gas holding accounts; consolidation of A-Gas subsidiaries weekly cash-flow forecasts.
- Act as the main point of contact for European Centre of Excellence Team in relation to holding companies, for queries around authorisation of supplier invoices, escalation of supplier invoice queries, authorisation of supplier payment runs; escalation of VAT queries, escalation of Payroll queries, escalation of Company Secretarial queries.
- Assist GFC/Group Finance Team with the following in relation to holding companies: Preparation of budgets and forecasts, preparation and submission of Annual Financial Statements, preparation of external audit pack, preparation of Corporation Tax returns,
- Assist GFC/Group Finance Team with the following in relation to subsidiary companies: manage the inter-company reconciliation process, manage the preparation of budgets and forecasts, including consolidation of information for presentation to Executive Board, manage annual financial reporting.
- Support continuous improvement through identifying and suggesting changes. Being proactive in implementing agreed changes so that processes are efficient and ensure excellent service delivery.
- Assist the GFC in any ad hoc projects as required to support improvement of the department in line with business requirements
- Experience of working in an SME
- Experience of working with private equity investors.
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A good eye for the detail and an inquiring mind allowing them to challenge
- Good communicator
- Ability and confidence to ask questions
- Supports colleagues, works collaboratively
- Proactive in taking the initiative
- Adapts flexibly to new challenges
This role will pay a basic salary of up to £35k dependent on level of experience and progress through qualification.