Tax Junior / Semi Senior
An accountancy firm who specialise in the Media and entertainment sector.
Our client is looking for a part qualified semi senior tax consultant who has already has practical experience working within a firm.
The firms makes it there business to understand and add value their clients personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That's why so many of their prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend them year after year.
Their immensely proud of their roots and maintain a family business approach in everything they do. Our client is expanding, which means they have an excellent opportunity for a Semi Senior or an individual who is ready to make the progression to this level. The role offers lots of exposure and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
- Preparing annual tax returns (individuals. partnerships, trusts and forms 11Ds/PSAs)
- Obtaining missing information from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
- Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff
- Completing posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns
- Preparing basic capital gains computations
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for the supervisor's approval
- Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Electronically filing tax returns if necessary
- Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
- Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
You will be studying towards an accountancy qualification with at least two tax seasons experience of working within a practice accountancy firm. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential progress into a client facing role. You all also have/be
- Ideally hold a relevant degree
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
- Ideally have worked with Sage, QuickBooks or similar accounting packages
- The ability to work with prestigious clients who require complete confidentiality