Investment Manager - West Africa
Our Client is an impact fund management and investment advisory firm with special focus on investments in the Impact sectors. The company channels investments into the multi-sector (Impact) SMEs to generate empowerment and economic growth while creating valuable social impact to the society and competitive financial return to the investors.
You would closely work with company's Portfolio and Finance Managers, and would be responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent monitoring of the company's investment portfolios. The incumbent would coordinate the activities of the Investment Officers and works closely with the company's investment team in designing, executing and monitoring transactions. You will be based in Lagos, Nigeria with travels to Ghana, Togo, Benin and Cote d'Ivoire. Your key responbilities would revolve around:
- Participating in the investment/credit committee.
- Creating and analysing financial models.
Analysing historical and projected financial statements.
- Preparing reports based on financial statements, financial models, project progress reports, and other information from portfolio or prospective client companies.
- Designing and conducting due diligence.
- Preparing documentation for company's internal approvals.
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with client companies to enhance new business opportunities.
- Participating in investments negotiations and assisting in transaction documentation.
- Conducting industry and market research for business development.
- Participating in the monitoring of existing investments.
- Coordinating the activities of the investment officers and analysts.
- Develop exit strategies and lead divestment processes.
- Support the Managing Partner with company and investor relations.
- Develop, interpret and update complex financial models for potential and current projects.
- Perform periodic project performance and credit review of investment as agreed with the Managing Partner.