Institutional Securities, Internal Auditor - Manager
1 day left
- Full time
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including
corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm's internal controls using a
risk based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry.
The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory
requirements. Internal Audit comprises Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors
focus on the application controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analysing and testing the controls to protect the franchise. The Audit team is part of the Morgan Stanley European Internal Audit Department that provides financial and systems audit support throughout Europe.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an auditor for its Institutional Securities Group (ISG) team covering the ISG businesses in EMEA. The person in the role will assist the Internal Audit department's Institutional Securities audit team in completing
its annual audit plan, communicating to senior management and providing recommendations for improvements. Audited functions include all sales and trading and together with the associated infrastructure support and control groups such as Operations, Finance, Technology, Compliance.
Reporting to a Portfolio Manager in EMEA, the Audit Manager's responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the preparation of audit planning memoranda.
- Identifying and evaluating key risks and contributing to establishing audit scope.
- Leading walkthrough meetings and discussions with the purpose of developing audit test programs and identifying control
- Executing audits in line with audit test programs and within time budgets and leading certain aspects of audits/reviews.
- Appropriately assessing potential findings for significance.
- Drafting audit reports; writing clear and concise findings
- Communicating audit findings to the Internal Audit lead auditor and client management; assist with negotiating finalization
of issues with senior client management.
- Track implementation of recommended processes designed to strengthen internal controls.
- Developing solid working relationship with clients.
- Experience in financial services is essential, with a preference for those with experience of auditing sales and trading
- University degree (or equivalent) required, ACA or international equivalent preferred.
- Big 4 experience preferred.
- Knowledge of financial products including derivatives
- Understanding of sales and trading front to back processes.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to process information quickly.
- Motivated and a self-starter.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work globally and across teams.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents .