UK Corporate Tax Manager
Our Weybridge office is a brand new office space in a striking new development and houses Cargill's corporate functions including finance, law, human resources, corporate affairs and the European hub of our Global Treasury.
A key role within Cargill PLC's UK Tax Department, this exciting opportunity would suit a tax accountant who is keen to progress their career in-house with a complex, global organisation. Working closely with the UK Head of Tax, the UK Corporate Tax Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the UK Group's corporate tax matters.
We are looking for an individual who can work effectively in a small team and communicate effectively with stakeholders across a range of businesses. The role will suit a confident person who is responsive to the changing needs of the business.
- Manage the UK Group's corporate tax affairs including all aspect of corporate tax compliance and tax reporting
- Optimise the UK Group's corporate tax position through tax planning, efficient use of tax attributes and identifying new opportunities
- Assist with HMRC audits and enquiries
- Provide advice to the business on a wide variety of business transactions
- Preparation and review of corporation tax returns, tax forecasts and payments on account for the UK group of companies
- Manage the year-end tax reporting process under US GAAP and liaising with external auditors. Preparation and review of tax disclosures in UK GAAP statutory accounts.
- Ensure compliance with transfer pricing requirements
- Ensure direct tax risks are appropriately managed through an effective control framework
- Assess the impact of legislative changes and implementing effective solutions
- Manage PAYE Settlement Agreement process and providing assistance on employer compliance issues and audits
- Develop and maintain effective relationship with shared service centres
- Qualified Accountant with proven post qualified experience of UK corporation tax
- Experience of dealing with HMRC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well on your own initiative
- Experience of developing effective solutions to difficult business issues
- Able to communicate complex tax concepts and financial information to non-specialists
- Confident communicator with personal impact - required to negotiate effective outcomes with a range of stakeholders
- High ethical standards with the conviction to challenge where required.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for this position.