Finance Business Partner
Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) is changing. We're responding to rapid transformation of our sector by delivering new ideas and ways of working that will, ultimately, help us become the best bank for customers. As the pace of change accelerates, you can be part of our exciting future where together we'll embrace creative, agile and simple ways of working.
Group CIO sits at the heart of the Bank, providing technology services that ensure we meet our customers & colleagues needs on a day to day basis, enabling the realisation of our Group strategy through the delivery of existing and new services. CIO Finance helps Group CIO achieve its goals by providing robust governance, control and partnering insight to optimise the group's IT investment and run costs.
Here in Group CIO Finance, we sit within the Infrastructure & Service Delivery team responsible for management of costs associated with the data centres, infrastructure, desktops - basically the hardware, and services that keep the bank running 24x7. As the Finance Business Partner, you'll be a natural when it comes to relationship management skills, with a proven ability to build networks, challenge, influence and agree actions. You'll be familiar with project change, along with knowledge and understanding of technology in a financial services organisation (or equivalent) and demonstrate an understanding of the drivers of IT costs. You'll challenge and stretch in this role, helping to drive the business forward and ensuring that Lloyds Banking Group as an organisation continues to progress towards our strategic aim of being the best bank for Customers.
Main role responsibilities:
* This Senior Manager role, is primarily responsible for partnering within Group CIO. This will include:
* Financial management, optimisation and control of the cost base comprising ~£457.6m Investment and ~£346.5m BAU, in accordance with Group policies, governance and targets.
* Financial management and control of the relevant value streams supplied portfolio change activity on behalf of Group and internal stakeholders.
* Partnering & advising the business which might include the provision of insightful monthly reporting and advice to the CIO leadership team.
* Review, interlock with divisional P&L owners and reporting of planned & actual program benefits.
* Collaboratively engaging with cross functional teams to deliver commercial outcomes for BAU, value streams, programmes and contracts.
* Creating cost optionality and transformation for businesses supported by developing a deep knowledge of the bank and divisional strategies, third party supply arrangements and technology trends.
* Financial governance and management of change investment and supply activity, with appropriate efficiency metrics.
* Simplification and improvement of financial processes.
* Active involvement in work stream activity to support the successful transition & evolution of the Group Transformation Finance team.
Main role outputs:
* Key deliverables include:
* Production, agreement and financial management of a three year cost plan and annual budgets.
* Delivery of business critical performance information to the CIO leadership team through appropriate and effective MI such as the monthly management accounts including KPI and cost driver reporting/ forecasting, benefits tracking and balance sheet.
* Monthly flash reporting and rolling twelve month forecast.
* Financial governance, review and approval of relevant Value Stream / Business Unit spend (BAU & Investment).
* Support for costs and benefits tracking for major programs within CIO, and Program financial reports for all key projects within key stakeholder's areas of responsibility.
Core role capabilities:
* A self motivated, impactful, qualified accountant who is able to effectively influence and engage with senior stakeholders in the delivery of challenging operational and cost targets.
The role requires experience and/or knowledge in the following areas:
* Financial control, management and delivery within a scale, complex change and/or technology business.
* Delivering results through commercial acumen, influential engagement and challenge.
* Ability to influence & build relationships at a senior level and to communicate effectively at all levels.
* High level of curiosity driving an understanding of the industry, market and technology environment supporting advice and guidance to business unit management.
* Development of cost strategy and planning.
* Budgeting and forecasting preparation and management.
* Portfolio management and project accounting.
* Technical accounting knowledge.
* Transformation of financial processes and culture.
* Active participation in the CIO leadership team and in the cultural evolution of GTF.
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future. We know that success is built from the inside out through our people. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.