Responsible for preparing and reviewing accounting transactions of a complex nature, preparing and analyzing financial reports, completing bank reconciliations and completing other balance sheet reconciliations.
• Conduct all accounting activities related to his/her concerned Office/Department/Product Line in accordance with the finance and accounting policies and procedures developed by the Company (i.e. CFO).
• Prepare and process all required general ledger accounting entries.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reports such as balance sheet, income and expense statement, statement of cash flows, accounts receivable aging and other applicable reports.
• Ensure that all management reports are per the standards and specifications provided by the Company (i.e. CFO).
• Deposit/transfer miscellaneous cash receipts to the applicable bank accounts in a timely manner. Conduct bank reconciliations and follow-up on all outstanding and unusual items.
• Ensure that the petty cash vouchers received from the Office Supervisor are duly authorized and contain appropriate supporting documents. Record the petty cash vouchers in the accounting system and ensure that the petty cash account is balanced.
• In coordination with the Sales Officers and Sales Assistants, follow up on the collection of accounts receivable balances. Highlight to the Chief Accountant / CFO any need for doubtful debt provisions or write-off of bad debts.
• Coordinate with the Sales Officers and Sales Assistants to facilitate the opening of letters of credit and letters of guarantee.
• Ensure that accounts payable are processed in a timely manner and in manner that ensures optimum utilization of Company funds.
• Monitoring the product transfers between warehouses and showrooms, showrooms and warehouses and between showrooms themselves and entering these transactions in the Microsoft AX System.
• Monitoring and controlling all samples (i.e. books wise) and entering into Microsoft AX System.
• Monitor the expense budget for his/her office and highlight any variances and extravagance especially in the areas of entertainment and credit card expenditure.
• Closely monitor the warehousing and showrooms activities conducted by the warehouse Assistant and ensure that all inventory receipts and issues are properly documented and recorded in the books of accounts.
• Conduct regular stock counts to ensure that physical stock reconciles to the system records. Investigate any variances.
• Prepare all schedules and account balance certificates required by the statutory auditors. Provide the auditors with required explanations and information with regard to the accounting records if his/her office.
• Maintain a fixed asset register and conduct periodical counting and tagging of fixed assets. Ensure that all assets have adequate insurance coverage.
• Highlight to the CFO potential improvement opportunities for improvement in either the accounting system or the accounting procedures.