We’re looking for an enthusiastic Financial Accountant to join our finance team of 20 at an AIM-listed, leading global omnichannel marketing automation business. This is a great opportunity for a recently qualified, commercially astute accountant to join a rapidly expanding company. We offer a competitive salary package, a great working environment in our vibrant offices in London Bridge and Cheltenham and the opportunity to become part of a thriving fast growing, award winning company. The role will suit a candidate able to take ownership of the operational finance function and reporting, analysing issues and solving problems. The ideal candidate will perform well under pressure and will have the ability to motivate and empower others to reach organisational goals. The role will be challenging but highly rewarding. You will be reporting and working closely with the Group Financial Controller.
Key Roles and responsibilities include:
- Management and maintenance of a UK entity and a Polish entity.
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly Consolidated Management Accounts and departmental Reports.
- Preparation of VAT returns within statutory deadlines, ensuring its completeness and accuracy.
- Business partnering with relevant managers within the company in order to provide financial support and information. Maintenance of cash flow forecasts; Review and incorporate cash-flow requests and provide regular updates to senior management for efficient funds management. Producing and maintaining company and departmental budgets.
- Systems development and improvements for increased efficiencies.
- Preparation of interim and year end management accounts for the Group audit, reviewing tax computations including R&D credits, preparing all audit schedules for interim and year end and being the main point of contact for the external audit.
- Aiding in the preparation of the Group’s international payroll of 50 employees.
- Liaison with HMRC, pension providers and other third parties. Preparation of year end tax forms (including P60’s and P11ds) Ability to produce Ad-hoc reports when required and taking the lead on departmental projects.
- Review debtors and chase for payments.
- ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified (finalist would be considered)
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2-4 years’ post qualification experience working in a busy finance team;
- SAGE and MS EXCEL experience essential- min Sage Line 200 (other systems will be considered if candidate can demonstrate a good understanding of accounting packages)
- Significant exposure to external reporting, including incorporation of new accounting standards and statutory adjustments
- Will need to be confident, motivated and have a professional manner.
- They will need to have good time management and organisational skills and be willing to learn and show an appetite to progress within the role. They should be comfortable dealing with customers and other 3rd parties via email and telephone, and confident in dealing with disputes.
- The department works under a monthly plan (which may change depending on time of year) which aims to hit targets to improve the overall performance of the entire group.
- The atmosphere is intellectually challenging, demanding, friendly, non-bureaucratic and continually evolving. Although the atmosphere is relaxed it is highly professional in nature and very much committed to providing a quality service to our customers and satisfying their needs.
- Dynamic role which will evolve and change as the company grows and evolves to meet its business needs.