Vice President - Credit Control & Payables
You will be responsible for the following:
· Participate and support the CFO- Finance in the development of the organisations financial vision, strategy, plans and programs based on the Company's mission and vision and translate strategies into action plans to support the organization's business strategy to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium and long-term profitability and returns to its stakeholders.
· Under the guidance of the CFO - Finance, lead and direct the formulation and implementation of strategies and operational plans for the companies Receivable Management and Financial Performance Management inline with overall department's objectives.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
· Define and establish financial policies, procedures, systems, controls and schedules of authority to facilitate effective financial management of activities and plans for Receivable Management, Treasury and Financial Performance Management functions; Monitor implementation of the same to ensure efficiency and quality.
Working Capital Management:
· Direct treasury activities by implementing the Cash and liquidity Management strategy for the company to ensure adequate cash flow, effective foreign currency exposure.
· Closely working with the Actuarial department to perform Asset Liability Matching.
· Formulate strategy to ensure timely collections, dispute management and IT system enhancements whereby technology is used for daily usage (automation of dunning letters and SoA via emails) introducing credit facility guidelines and process for the company.
· Manage the day-to-day account receivables operations, ensures that work processes are implemented as designed and comply with established standards and procedures while ensuring accurate and timely preparation, recording and verification of accounts receivables documentation (including invoices, payment instructions, misc. cash payments, etc).
· Conduct visits to the clients and branches when necessary to ensure timely collection while maintaining liquidity requirement and ensuring minimum receivables.
· Liaison with legal department on litigation cases.
IT System Implementation:
· Design and maintain Chart of Accounts to bring in line with IFRS and business, Mapping and codification to ensure that necessary data is captured for reporting.
· Contribute in the implementation of computer software programs necessary for an efficient budgeting, accounting, and reporting program.
· Lead the implementation of Business intelligence module that will provide strategic information systems in support of business operations in order to improve decision-making process, cost effectiveness, service quality, operational efficiency and business development
· Ensure optimum organisation structure is implemented in the department in line with the overall Organization Development strategy so that resources are optimally utilised and communication can take place in an efficient manner.
Promote effective financial management and that all avenues/opportunities of cost reduction and profitability are explored and reported to the EVP - FINANCE, in order to achieve a stable and sustained profitability levels, in line with organisations strategies.
· Ensure the effective achievement of the department objectives by providing leadership, determining effective departmental structure, setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal - in order to maximise subordinate and departmental performance.
· Assess the long term development needs of the department and ensure that internal and external resources are available that are capable of delivering high quality services and service levels that meet increasingly demanding customer expectations.
· Coordinate with all departments to create awareness of financial plans and business performance across all levels in order to establish support of achievement of budgetary compliance across the organization.
· Evaluate the organisations actual financial performance vs. Budget / forecasts and conduct Gap analysis exercises to identify major causes for divergence and recommend corrective actions to the EVP - FINANCE to bridge gaps between actual and forecasts.
· Develop and maintain dashboard for the department.