Group Intelligence & Special Investigations Analyst
- Continuously monitor, source, assess and identify intelligence information on the regulatory, political and public media front that have reputational and regulatory impact on the Bank.
- Develop strategic intelligence programs to ensure that the Bank remains proactive instead of reactive to manage the emerging threats.
- Working on existing data analytics to set parameters to identify risk indicators to enhance the on-going monitoring of low risk customers. Some examples of these parameters include common addresses and UBOs/shareholders, frequency in change of company structure/ownership, changes in authorised signatories and etc.
- Develop computer assisted programs such as payment movements, geographical customer exposure, counterparty settlements, etc to aid continuously and proactive monitoring of behavioural patterns via use of analytics methodology and tools to enable the Bank and Group to proactive manage ML/CFT/Sanctions Risk.
- Evaluate options to accelerate a data platform to conduct group-wide search with up-to-date customer, account, connected party details as well as provide flexibility in presenting different data points (configurable reports) based on request.
- Conducts special investigations as assigned by senior management.
- Performs post-mortem review process of STRs that covers an end to end work flow review, including but not limited to ensuring account reviews comprehensiveness, number of days taken to file a STR, exit process and placement of Internal Watchlists.
- Minimum 5 years of financial crime investigations experience, either from a financial institution, regulator or a law enforcement agency preferred.
- Preferably with data science or data engineering background.
- Candidates familiar with Hadoop, open-source programming languages such as Python or R, network analysis and anomaly detection will have an advantage.
- Highly motivated, team player and fast learner.