An excellent opportunity has arisen in Bedford to begin a career in finance with a leading UK employer. The role includes full AAT study support and is ideal for someone looking to enter into the sector.
The company is in the FMCG sector with a national presence and offices around the country. They are looking for an entry-level finance assistant to work within their stable accounts team, and are keen to help shape the early career of someone looking to enter the finance sector by providing ongoing training and mentoring. This role is for their large central Bedford office, complete with modern open-plan office spaces and on-site parking.
Key responsibilities of the successful finance assistant include:
- Coordinating the collection and processing of all money received by the company and ensuring the physical safeguarding of cash.
- Posting entries into the finance system and undertaking designated balance sheet control account reconciliations.
- Maintaining all general cash handling procedures.
- Supporting the drive to reduce cash on site and increase technology to manage cash movements.
- Posting all cashbook entries onto the system by the end of each week.
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- Starting out in their career with a desire to study the AAT qualification
- Able to work reasonably independently, with an interest in developing a career in finance
- Team player
- Comfortable using Excel
- Committed to personal growth and development
- Excellent numerical skills
- Desire to work within a large company
- A good communicator
The successful Finance Assistant will receive:
- A competitive entry-level salary
- Full study support and funding towards the AAT qualification
- Healthy work-life balance
- Generous holiday allowance
- The opportunity to begin a career within a large company