Temporary Finance Assistant
7 days left
- Part time
This Sawston based Temporary Finance Assistant position is looking for someone to come into cover a busy period with the potential of developing into a permanent role but also the option of completing a short term temporary assignment in the Science and Research industry
Market leading Science and Research business at the forefront of pharmaceutical development in Sawston, Cambridgeshire. A company with a great reputation for developing staff and giving autonomy to individuals to get the job done well.
Temporary Finance Assistant duties Responsibilities
- Post payments from customers to the correct customer account and bank account and allocate these to the corresponding sales transactions on a daily basis
- Daily Bank Account reconciliations
- Monitor the status of individual customer accounts to ensure that debts are maintained within assigned credit limits
- Chase overdue debts and maintain both verbal and written communication with customers to ensure payments are received as soon as possible
- Deal with customer queries promptly and politely and refer these to non-finance personnel for resolution when required
- Assist in the processing of customer returns
- Provide cover in Purchase Ledger when staff are on Annual Leave - posting bills, making payments to suppliers
- Any other duties required by the Senior Finance team
Temporary Finance Assistant characteristics and experience Requirements
- Experienced across transactional finance
- Reconciliation experience
- Have Good attention to detail
- Have the Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Be a proactive, positive self-starter, who is inquisitive and curious but at the same time methodical and systematic.
- Pose strong numerical, reasoning and word meaning with good perceptual speed.
- Have Basic Computer and Excel skills
Great opportunity to join a growing Sawston based business with the potential of future positions