Financial Accountant - Fluent French
Working within the International Controllers Team, this role supports the maintenance of a robust financial control and regulatory environment across the international region (EMEA and the US), helping achieve the primary objective of ensuring the accuracy of the books and records across entities within the regions and the timely and accurate financial and regulatory reporting to internal and external stakeholders. More specifically, this role will help ensure these objectives continue to be achieved in light of the planned changes to Wells Fargo's EMEA operating model as the firm prepares for the UK's departure from the European Union.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Ownership of tasks within daily, monthly & quarterly financial and regulatory reporting required by regulatory bodies in EMEA and the US.
- Perform and develop existing financial control processes, forecasting and budgeting.
- Ensure accurate books and records in compliance with relevant GAAP; preparation of the management accounts and assisting with ad hoc queries.
- Assisting in the planning, testing and implementation of systems and processes to support additional financial and regulatory reporting requirements in response to Brexit and any other projects which affect the Regulatory Reporting & wider Finance team as required.
- Standardising the documentation for financial and regulatory reporting and managing the periodic updates and reviews of those documents.
- Provide leave of absence cover for the production of other deliverables within the department as appropriate in order to satisfy internal control framework requirements.
- In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required
Market Skills and Certifications
- Strong academic background and degree educated.
- Part - qualified accountant and in the process of attaining professional accounting qualification.
- Banking or financial services industry experience.
- Experience of or exposure to regulatory reporting (FCA/BoE)desirable.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Excellent Excel skills and comfortable manipulating large quantities of data.
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of their work.
- Strong communicator.
- Intuitive; fast learner with good problem solving skills.
- Good time management & organisational skills.
- French speaker preferable.
- Experience of the ‘One Sum X' regulatory reporting systems preferable