Product Supply Analyst / Cost Accountant
7 days left
- Part time
To deliver value-added information, insight and cost analysis to the management team and the sector management team.
To provide on-site day-to-day co-ordination of, and adherence, to the Internal Control plan and procedures.
A well Established brand name in their industry sector.
- Provide timely and accurate cost analysis, sound financial advice and counsel to management to assist in minimising manufacturing costs and meeting the organisations objectives
- Identify and recommend to the role customers, opportunities for improving cost performance of the organisation to ensure continuity of a competitive manufacturing facility.
- Lead and drive Cost transformation projects and integrate results in the management system to drive cost awareness in Operations Leadership end to end.
- Work with the Supply chain accounting team and operations team to investigate unexpected results or adverse trends, and communicate outcomes to the Senior Management Team to drive prioritisation and resolution.
- Apply a range of traditional and new analysis techniques (e.g. sensitivity analysis, break-even analysis, bench-marking) to situations in order to improve understanding of business issues and inform better business decisions.
- Translate financial measures into practical operational targets and establish control processes to ensure achievement of these targets.
- Assist in the preparation and control of the overall Capital Project authorisation and spending budget.
- Provide relevant financial advice and analysis of project requests and post-completion performance reports utilising the standard capital investment tool.
- Assist in the preparation of appropriation documents to ensure that such requests identify the business justification as well as the technical proposal.
- Ensure application of established corporate financial controls within the divisional finance area of responsibility by the effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies and instructions.
- Develop and perform agreed routine controls relating to the Internal Control environment - lead all compliance testing as an independent auditor.
- Utilise knowledge and experience to identify day to day control issues and identify control implications resulting from changing site circumstances and enlist the support of the Internal Control Specialist to advise / resolve.
- Approve site internal control procedures / changes and co-ordinate update of control logs.
- Day to day co-ordination of issue resolution and internal control plan updates
Lead the preparation of mid-month cost outlooks and quarterly forecasts for assigned areas by providing analysis and interpretation of financial and statistical data to operating management and by working closely with divisional personnel to establish cost forecasts representing good normal operating conditions
- Design and deliver SAP system training in order to increase the ability of the team to extract important data in real-time from the SAP system and improve cost control.
- Interact naturally with Operations Leaders to influence operational decisions linked to financial value alongside technical solutions
- Work with the operations, sector lead and Central Accounting teams in order to provide timely and accurate grade cost forecasts for NEW codes or significant specification changes.
- SAP or ERP system experience would be beneficial.
A competitive salary and very comprehensive benefits package including Private health-care, 25 days Annual Leave, Contributory pension, Study Support, Flexible benefits Package.