Audit Assistant Manager - Big 4
An opportunity to be apart of a high performing team and gain invaluable training.
Working alongside partners and directors, you will be client facing and forging great relationships with top tier FS clients.
Our client is a Big 4 firm based in Cardiff with fantastic offices. They are constantly developing and leading from the front.
You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and carrying out audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
- Keeping managers and partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing reports to senior management and audit committees.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, helping to identify sales opportunities within your client base.
The ideal Assistant Manager candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or international equivalent. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year will also be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- You are required to have ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Recent and significant external audit experience is essential including practical experience in an accountancy practise firm.
- Exposure to large Financial Services audits is preferred however not essential. We will also consider candidates with a genuine interest in moving into Financial Services with knowledge of developments within the Financial Sector.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP is ideal but not essential.
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
£35,000 - £42,000
Secondment opportunities for top performers