Internal Audit Manager
Working for the UK's largest retail network as one of three Internal Audit Managers, managing a co-source arrangement across their Telecoms & Insurance business.
My client has been in existence for over 370 years. As one of the country's most trusted brands, they take their commitment to providing essential services to customers across the UK very seriously.
They are the UK's largest retail network, as well as the largest financial services provider in the UK, with over 11,600 branches nationwide - more than all of the UK's banks and building societies put together.They offer over 170 products and services, from travel money to telecoms
They are an innovative business and know that their customers never stop changing, so neither will they.
As an organisation they put people first and are offering a very competitive salary, benefits and work/life balance.
- Responsible for all aspects of delivering the annual internal audit plan for money services and assist in the delivery and planning of the annual audit plan for the limited company
- Assist in preparation of reports for the Risk and Audit committees
- Deputise for the Head of Internal audit when required.
- Manage, lead and/or execute audit reviews in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodology and IIA standards of professional audit.
- Provide ongoing audit and risk assurance as required, including advisory reviews.
- Work closely with staff from professional firms providing co-source audit services.
- Write clear and concise audit reports.
- Own and maintain the Internal Audit relationship with a set of stakeholders aligned with area of expertise (Financial Services and Telecoms).
- Work closely with the 1st and 2nd line Assurance functions, ensuring that coordinated and integrated assurance is promoted and achieved.
- Pro-actively track open audit actions and support the action owners to complete their allocated actions by the agreed target dates.
- Professional audit qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, MBA, IIA, CIA, or equivalent).
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business or equivalent combination of related work experience and education.
- Ability to assimilate a lot of information very quickly, without getting lost in the detail.
- Able to conduct effective interviews with both management and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrable ability to interpret and / or summarise technical issues for a non-technical audience, able to provide pragmatic and workable solutions that meet the needs of the business as well as deliver on audit requirements.
- Ability to operate both individually and within a team, demonstrating adaptability and proactivity to ensure successful delivery of team and personal objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with key requirement to agree with senior management all actions required to rectify identified control weaknesses and to produce impactful reports with clear conclusions.
- Ability to build relationships at senior levels of the organisation, a track record of excellent stakeholder management, able to understand key drivers and motivators and leverage those to achieve outcomes. Also able to challenge appropriately at senior management level, whilst maintaining a flexible approach in order to get the right outcome.
- Self-starter, little supervision needed, strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current governance, risk and audit developments.EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience of financial services industry covering operational risk, regulatory compliance and regulator relationships.
- Exposure to a regulated environment (FCA (e.g. IDD, Senior Management Regime) and OFCOM).
- Good understanding of Conduct Risk.
- Exposure to Retail Banking, Insurance and Telecoms businesses preferable.
- Working knowledge of the FCA regulatory environment and experience of auditing risks across retail banking products.
- Opportunity to be part of this well established but ever changing organisation
- Strong work life balance & benefits
- Opportunity to deputise for the Head of Internal Audit when needed
- Co-source relationship management exposure
- Working as part of a close knit team
- Room to progress and develop
- Interesting mix of work covering telecommunications,retail & fs
- Very low travel (circa 5%)
- City of London location