This role requires you to work closely with the Head of Finance on implementing cost saving into the business as well as budgeting and forecasting.
My client is a medically-led laboratory and is the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK. They provide their customers with the laboratory information required for diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders.
- Continually assess reporting requirements and monitor feedback and update reports in order to improve quality, timely delivery and accurate reporting.
- Deliver detailed margin analysis with commentary on a monthly basis calculating divisional, customer and product mix.
- Provide support for forecasting, liaising with sales and technical accounting teams.
- Review international customer agreements and negotiation, providing margin analysis for existing and prospective accounts.
- Develop relationships with lab technicians and lab directors as well as their teams to improve understanding of business performance.
- Take part in / lead ad hoc projects as required by management from time to time
- Degree level education
- Professional accountancy body qualification in CIMA
Previous Experience and Knowledge:
- Comfortable with large amount of data and able to produce accurate, timely reporting
- Strong Excel skills and used to manipulating large amounts of data into presentable reports
- Conscientious in nature with a methodical and meticulous approach to tasks
- Previous experience on Konker system desirable
- Proficient in Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau
- Ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Co-operation: ability to build relationships to support team members, share resources and knowledge and collaborate with others to achieve goals
- Communication: ability to convey information clearly and concisely both in person, via correspondence and over the phone, and express oneself well and professionally and listen to others and ensure understanding of information
- Flexibility: ability to adjust to work processes or procedures, adapt to others and work effectively and in a positive manner when under pressure or in ambiguous situations
- Organising: ability to manage your time, handle multiple activities, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and deal with distractions and interruptions and overall work efficiently and effectively
- Precision: ability to pay close attention to detail, write clearly and legibly, acceptable standards appropriate to the position in English and Math, and have an appropriate and acceptable level of record-keeping and routine paperwork
- Dependability: to have excellent timekeeping and attendance, and ability to understand the importance of information and activities that are confidential to the Company
- Decisiveness: ability to make sound decisions without hesitancy and respond with confidence to challenges from others
- Decision-making: ability to make logical and sound decisions based on careful consideration of alternative courses of action
- Planning: ability to develop strategies, define processes and procedures, and monitor plans
- Analytical Thinking: ability to analyse and understand information to draw conclusions
- Customer Enthusiasm: ability to determine and address customer needs, seek feedback regarding level of service and satisfaction and continually strive to exceed customer expectations
- Business Relationships: ability to create business opportunities by promoting beneficial business relationships
- Team coaching and development: ability to identify learning needs, provide feedback and develop team members' capabilities
- Empowerment: ability to encourage and support others to take accountability for their actions and decisions
A highly competitive package and the ability to join a rapidly expanding SME in a particularly interesting field