Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct all accounting activities related to his/her concerned Office/Department/Product Line in accordance with the finance and accounting policies and procedures developed by the Company.
• Conduct all taxation transaction and a periodic check to ensure compliance of all accounting booking with the market laws and regulations.
• Prepare and process all required general ledger accounting entries.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reports such as balance sheet, income and expense statement, statement of cash flows, accounts receivable aging and other applicable reports.
• Ensure that all management reports are per the standards and specifications provided by the Company.
• Deposit/transfer miscellaneous cash receipts to the applicable bank accounts in a timely manner. Conduct bank reconciliations and follow-up on all outstanding and unusual items.
• Ensure that the petty cash vouchers received from the Office Supervisor are duly authorized and contain appropriate supporting documents. Record the petty cash vouchers in the accounting system and ensure that the petty cash account is balanced.
• Ensure that accounts payable are processed in a timely manner and in manner that ensures optimum utilization of Company funds.
• Monitor the expense budget for his/her office and highlight any variances and extravagance especially in the areas of entertainment and credit card expenditure.
• Closely monitor the warehousing and showrooms activities conducted by the warehouse Assistant and ensure that all inventory receipts and issues are properly documented and recorded in the books of accounts.
• Conduct regular stock counts to ensure that physical stock reconciles to the system records. Investigate any variances.
• Prepare all schedules and account balance certificates required by the statutory auditors. Provide the auditors with required explanations and information regarding the accounting records if his/her office.
• Maintain a fixed asset register and conduct periodical counting and tagging of fixed assets. Ensure that all assets have adequate insurance coverage.
• Highlight to the finance manager potential improvement opportunities for improvement in either the accounting system or the accounting procedures.