This person will be responsible for the administration of the accounting function. They will have accountability and custody of the company's accounting data and records and will assist largely with vouching, verification, accounting and maintenance of related records. They will also be responsible for the AR function focusing on cash collections and overdues reduction.
The incumbent must possess a proven track record for timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
The individual is someone who will bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results and follow established fundamental processes.
Understand the Middle East and the legal requirements of working in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the Smiths Code of Corporate Responsibility and Business Ethics is upheld in all activities.
• Maintaining books of accounts and ensuring that accounting transactions are recorded in line with International Accounting Standards (IAS)
• Responsible for accounting information as per International Accounting Standards (IAS). Due attention will be paid to Smiths Groups accounting policies and procedures while processing accounting transactions for the entity.
• Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
• Balance sheet reconciliations and postings
• Preparation of month end journals and accruals
• Support the Finance Manager in recording transactions on a day to day level paying attention to detail while recording these transactions.
• Assist with the monthly reporting and preparation of supporting schedules
• Support for the Finance Manager in providing monthly reports to support analysis for various balances.
• Playing a support role and assisting the Finance Manager during internal and external audits for the entities.
• Preparation of payment to suppliers, ensuring accuracy and obtaining appropriate approvals.
• Sending invoices to customers on timely manner,
• Recording customer payments and reconcile the customers ledgers to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted,
• Preparing the AR monthly ageing reports,
• Preparing the AR monthly provision reports and record the required entries,
• Preparing monthly cash forecast report,
• Sending SOAs to customers on monthly basis,
• Follow up with customers for payments and meeting them to resolve outstanding AR balances issues
• Will be the custodian of the petty cash system and will maintain all necessary vouchers to support all reasonable expenses.
• Review of employee expenses against policy
• Tracking of all employee deductions to recover dues at the time of payroll
• Administration and review of payroll and upload into banking system
• Provision of ad hoc financial information to senior management as and when requested.
• All of the above to be maintained on a SAP ERP environment.
• Any other tasks assigned by the Finance Controller to this role from time to time and not covered above.
• Improvement of the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.