Consultant - Internal Audit & Risk Advisory - ACCA Affiliates (0-1 year)
Risk consultants work in a client facing role and take on the responsibility of identifying, assessing and monitoring risks by developing a risk management plan and strategy. They assist clients in addressing compliance, financial, operational and strategic risk. They work in teams to provide high-quality execution of projects for clients across a wide range of industries. Typical projects comprise of conducting reviews of systems, processes and internal controls. They provide recommendations to clients for improvement or remediation and draft reports on gaps & key issues requiring redress.
Risk consultants demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge by staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business. They establish deep relationships with client personnel (at appropriate levels) by understanding client's perspective and become the de-facto - go-to-person- . Their work output is expected to be of outstanding quality. They constantly monitor project progress, manage risk and verify key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
Risk consultants also participate in sales and support business development initiatives. In addition, they get opportunities to perform research and contribute to the development of thought leadership. If assigned, they are expected to coach, train and support junior members in the team.
Risk professionals assist clients with testing internal process controls and developing internal audit plans. They assess the current state of an organization's internal control/Sarbanes-Oxley Act framework and help clients drive value and efficiency in their internal controls utilizing the latest technology and leading practices.
Desired profile : -
- ACCA Affiliates with 0-1 year of experience
- Understanding of business processes and internal control concepts (COSO, COBIT), control rationalization, optimization, effectiveness and efficiency; knowledge of process gaps identification and auditing methodologies (including flow charting), IT Infrastructure, Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning applications or other sector specific IT applications, understanding of IT general controls, process analytics and business intelligence, sampling strategies and confidence levels, application of data analytics and analysis of results
- Experience related to implementation of variety of research and information gathering strategies, conduct risk assessment, perform and interpret gap analysis and development of risk remediation strategies
- Skills in project management and engagement closure would be useful