Finance Director - SME Retailer
An integral role within the SMT where you will work closely with the newly appointed CEO to set and drive the strategy of the business.
This particular client are a well-established retailer operating in the SME space, this role is focusing on a key growth area for the company where expansion plans are in place across strategic locations.
The role will work with the newly appointed CEO to set and drive the strategy of the business. You will be a key member of the leadership team and will support the wider business with insightful information to support growth. As such, you will need to review the structure of the team and the information that is being produced.
Key outputs from finance include:
- Development of the company's financial strategy for financial efficiency
- Performance & development of all finance policies, processes & controls - both operational & reporting
- Heavy input into investment appraisal & financing decisions
- Management of all finance functions: AP; AR; Assets; Management Accounting; Budgets & forecasts
- Responsibility for all Financial Accounting & Reporting - including regular reporting to business owners and external authorities; managing financial audits, year-end reporting and preparation of statutory accounts
- Responsibility for all aspects of direct and indirect taxation - compliance, computations and returns
- Balance sheet monitoring - working capital; detailed balance sheet budget and forecasts
- Hold a professional accountancy qualification, ideally practice trained (ACA/ACCA/ICAS).
- A track record in a retail environment would be highly beneficial but not essential
- Experience within a fast growing SME would be highly advantageous
- Have strong tax & financial accounting technical knowledge & experience
- Be self-motivated and able to demonstrate flexibility and the willingness to take a hands-on approach to the tasks and routines of the finance team
- Champion high standards and attention to accuracy, compliance and deadlines
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and an understanding of the issues faced by an SME business seeking to grow and expand nationally
- Show successful leadership skills - be a natural communicator who can influence and negotiate with finance & non-finance at all levels
- Up to £75,000 base salary
- Private medical
- Competitive pension