A leading FMCG business in Bristol are looking for a Finance Manager to join the team.
Leading FMCG business based in Bristol.
Statutory Accounts & Audit
- Oversee the preparation of timely and accurate annual statutory accounts for the companies in EMEA in local GAAP
- Assess material provisions and judgements are in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Lead contact for the annual local and group audits of the financial statements
- Monthly management of intercompany relationships and processes, reconciliation and review of matching reports in group system
- Important role in month end accounts, where all the team capacity is used to achieve a four-day close
Tax, reporting & compliance
- Awareness of the tax risks facing the group, addressing them through process and system development
- Management of inspections by the authorities
- Ensure the timely preparation of corporation tax, VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat with our outsourcing partners
- Financial governance framework - keeping policies up to date, communicating and embedding them in the business
- Involvement at a management level in Sarbanes Oxley controls and audits across the business
- Review of balance sheet forecast and reporting models, including management of the capex process
Treasury and Foreign Exchange
- Understanding of monthly foreign exchange forecasting
- Reviewing foreign exchange models before submission to parent company and group
- Cover for roles in the work area for annual leave/sickness
- Bank account management, review of reconciliations
- Oversee hedging activities and reviewing foreign exchange accounting, exposure and Ensure monthly group reporting of foreign exchange balances and cash pool are in line with figures
- Oracle General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Italy VAT: learn and develop the system alongside the IT team. Drive change for more effective and efficient working
- Reporting in the HFM group system, including journals, monthly roll forward schedules and group matching reports
- Concur expenses, Egencia system and credit card ultimate management
- Develop and lead direct reports in the above work areas, prioritising motivation and performance
As the Finance Manager you will have:
- Qualified accountant ACA / ACCA, with experience of UK GAAP. Any Italy, France or Germany GAAP experience a bonus.
- Experience of people management, ideally in a Finance Manager position
- Strong statutory and audit background, training in the practice environment
- Significant experience of international reporting, multi-currency implications and distribution operations
- Experience of working with major IT systems e.g. Oracle, HFM
- Relevant sector experience, with a good understanding of the key potential issues which may affect the business
c£50k + Bonus & benefits