Revenue Controller (Temp to Perm, Perm or Contract)
The role available as a Revenue Controller is for someone with a wealth of experience within legal or professional services in a similar role. The company as a whole are looking for someone with a positive can-do attitude and someone who can hit the ground running within their team and firm.
The client is a worldwide commercial law firm based in east London with a headcount of over 250 employees in their London office. That being said they do have offices based across Asia, Europe and the Middle East. They specialise in the core areas: Transport, Trade, Energy & Infrastructure and Insurance. Their offices are vibrant, spacious and have a pop of colour, boasting amazing views across the city and it is truly a remarkable place to work.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure efficient management of WIP and Debtors through regular meetings with partners and fee earners to ensure billing and cash collection targets are met and maintained.
- Attend meetings with the fee earning teams to discuss overall performance, encourage monthly billing, review WIP and client account balances, and to ensure any WIP write offs are in accordance with the firm's Write off policy.
- Maintain lockup at acceptable levels for all practice groups, encouraging accurate billing and proactively manage WIP and debt collection targets set
- Work with partners and fee earners to suggest next steps for the prompt billing/collection of client/matter balances under their responsibility as well as discussing disbursement balances, caps on matters, fee alerts, expected WIP levels and other ad hoc queries to assist the billing process and drive working capital improvements.
- Escalate to the Revenue Control Supervisor where there are issues with client/matters or where no progress has been made on WIP and debtors in order to escalate the issues to more senior management.
- Assist partners, fee earners and their PAs to provide overall billing support including distributing reports, generating draft bills, producing final bills and creating supporting schedules as required. This will likely require additional hours to be worked, particularly towards month end.
- Ensure all bills issued include all required information and have been authorised in accordance with the firm's guidelines, VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules requirements.
- Handling monies held on client account and arranging for fee earners to obtain approval to pay outstanding debts where possible. This will also ensure working with cashiers on maximising 'Client to Office' transfers in settlement of client debt.
- Chase debts via a combination of methods as appropriate: phone calls, email, statements, reminders etc.
- Update without delay, notes on Debt Collecting System (I4G).
- Provide support and guidance as needed for international accounts team.Assist in the review of the billing rates and coordinate the implementation, enhancements or amendments to the fixed/agreed rates.
- Review billing rates with partners and once agreed, working with the Revenue Control Supervisor and Operations Risk and Compliance Team to apply these rates as well as any special billing instructions.
- Ensure fee earners missing time is submitted in a timely manner, monitor non-compliant fee earners who are in breach of firm policy on time recording and escalating queries in conjunction with the Revenue Control Supervisor.
- Other ad hoc task as directed by the Revenue Control Supervisor.
The successful candidate is:
- Advanced knowledge of Elite Enterprise and I4G.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working calmly and efficiently in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Efficient organisation skills, with a very high degree of accuracy and an ability to prioritise an often conflicting workload.
- Resilient and able to deal with people at all levels of the business, showing first-rate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ensure high professional standards are achieved and maintained.
- Hard-working, hands-on approach with effective use of initiative and constant attention to detail.
- Able to develop good working relationships with partners, fee earners and clients.
- Demonstrate flexibility and dependability, as well as the ability to use own initiative.
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others.
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions-focused working method.
- Working proactively as part of a team to ensure time is used effectively using all available firm wide resources to meet pressured deadlines.
On offer to the candidate is:
- A salary of up to £40k or day rate of £180
- 25 days holiday (buy and sell scheme)
- Private health care
- Subsidised gym membership for permanent employees
- Working day of 9:30am - 5:30pm