Senior Associate Tax Transfer Pricing London
Our team helps our clients with a range of transfer pricing solutions including compliance, advancing pricing agreements, and defence and dispute resolution. You’ll focus on helping clients with business transformation that ultimately helps advance their business goals.
PwC's transfer pricing group has been consistently ranked as the leading practice by the International Tax Review. We have expert teams across the world comprising over 600 specialists in economics, accounting, project management and tax law. This combination of experience enables us to develop innovative approaches to transfer pricing issues.
The transfer pricing network provides advice to clients on all aspects of the UK and international transfer pricing regime, including the determination of arm's length comparables, policy formulation and CTSA documentation, tax audit defence and advanced pricing agreements, and reviewing the tax impact of commercial / business change in the organisation.
Work within the Transfer Pricing Team is mainly project based and will involve working with multinational companies. It includes
- Helping clients manage their transfer pricing risk
- Undertaking transfer pricing planning and pricing implementation,
- Involvement and coordination of European and global transfer pricing engagements working with specialists across our global network
- Supporting companies through all elements of business change (e.g. transfer of manufacturing to low cost jurisdictions, implementation of Swiss principal structures),
- HMRC defences; and
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation (including statistical analysis).
Our clients include the leading bluechips, inbounds and middle market companies across many industries (including fast moving consumer goods, engineering, automotive and retail).
We can offer you great opportunities to work on complex and challenging projects. The Transfer Pricing Team is a sub-group of our International and Large Corporate Team, which provides all aspects of tax advice to our multinational clients.
About the role
This role will be both varied and challenging and will provide you with many opportunities to develop your transfer pricing knowledge, as part of a specialist team and network. For example, you will
Service the transfer pricing needs of our client base and work with more senior members of the team on BD opportunities.
Work on all aspects of projects (client relationship, team support and guidance, project management and financial performance)
- Amount of time office based 90%
- Amount of time at client sites 10%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home Occasional
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Yes
- Opportunity for working from home? Potentially
- Opportunity for job sharing? No
- We are looking for someone with excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Someone who is a Self-starter and has the ability to manage a variety of projects
- Good communication and relationship-building skills both with external clients and other tax (and non-tax) teams within PwC
- The technical expertise to devise innovative and practical solutions to client problems and to share knowledge with the rest of the team members
- Experience of business development and marketing
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines.
- An ability to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge; being intellectually agile and able to think creatively.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity