Employment Tax Senior Manager
My client is a top 10 accountancy firm based in the heart of London. They are expanding their employment tax team by recruiting a senior manager and an executive. This is due to growth.
Top 10 accountancy firm, London. The tax team has grown significantly in the last 3 years. It is known as one of the best tax teams in its field.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within the Employer Consulting Group (ECG) that is within the Business Tax department. The Business Tax department provides bespoke taxation services to its clients and deals with all queries from basic compliance through to high-level advisory work. It prepares tax returns and computations, carries out tax planning/consultancy work, and deals with HMRC, clients and third parties.
The purpose of the role is to work within the Business Tax team as part of the ECG sub group in delivering advice to clients in the area of employee taxes, with a strong and proven background in the following areas, Equity Reward including Employment Related Securities management, share plan health check, implementation of approved and unapproved share plans and senior executive remuneration planning, Employer Advisory including IR35, CIS and dealing with expenses and benefits reviews. The candidate will be involved in business development and marketing initiatives and leveraging opportunities to maximise fee income in the area of Employer Consulting.
Employer Consulting Group - Senior Manager - London
Your core responsibilities are:
* Act as a 'one stop shop' for all employer consulting work as detailed above
* Contribute to the strategic growth of the department
* Managing and motivating staff to ensure high level of staff retention
* Raising the profile internally of ECG; forging relationships and networking
* Supervising staff on ECG projects
* Prepare and present internal and external presentations on ECG opportunities, assuming full responsibility on all aspects of preparation and presentation
* Developing relationships with relevant industry intermediaries
* Developing the ECG due diligence offering internally
* Supporting partners, staff and payroll groups on technical ECG issues
* Helping with the firm's PR activities, including a number of media appearances mainly in connection with pre-Budget reports and the Budget
* Writing articles for publications
* Support cross-disciplinary proposals (expatriate tax, audit, payroll, corporate, partnership)
Personal and professional qualities:
* Competent at using MS Office Word and Excel
* People management skills - mentoring and task allocation
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Strong organisational and time management skills
* Ability to influence internal / external clients and colleagues
* Has proven planning and prioritising skills
* Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
* Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
* Keen to add value to our clients' businesses
* Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
* Is aware of own personal development and contributes towards it
* A self-starter, able to think outside the box and research an issue
Competitive salary and package