Part Time Financial Controller
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Part time Financial Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Finance Department. You will also be expected to manage a variety of stakeholders across the business.
Our client is an interesting and unique business that is about to enter its next phase of growth.
This is a new role in the business and reflects the need to grow and strengthen the Finance Department in line with the overall Group. The Part Time Financial Controller will manage and guide a small team of Accounts Co-Ordinators. The wider aim of the role is to take the lead on identifying, developing and implementing financial controls to strengthen the Finance Function and protect the business as it grows. This will include involvement in adhoc projects.
The key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Management of Accounting team
- Production of Management Accounts to set deadlines
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet and key P&L accounts monthly
- Review of ledgers and Credit Control
- VAT - Review of transactions / Submission of VAT returns
- Preparation / review of payroll (processing carried out by HR)
- Manage on-site audit process and banking relationship
- Financial Control environment
- Key support colleague to management team and sales staff
- Monthly review of stock list to ensure accuracy and completeness
Essential for Part Time Financial Controller:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Management Accounts production
- Payroll & VAT
- Group Reporting / Accounting
- Experience working with Sales staff members
- Excellent business culture; open, inclusive and forward thinking
- Good remuneration package and opportunity to grow with the business
- Flexible outlook on working hours - work pattern assessed on a case by case