A high profile role within the business, the post will have reach across a number of business areas and entities to work closely on the preparation of financial statements and the flow of information back to the business. The role will involve and cover a number of duties and responsibilities, not just limited to the production of statutory accounts with the successful candidate having board level face off and interaction with multiple business areas. Applicants must be CA/ACCA/CIMA qualified and be able to demonstrate accounts preparation as well as interacting with the business to discuss financial performance. Key duties will include;
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS / Local GAAP
- Preparing supplementary information covering regulatory and legislative returns
- Review of management information and discussion of variances
- Working with key stake holders in the business at board level to discuss and review financial performance
- Preparing presentation documents and commentary around significant movements
- Interacting with stake holders in a number of departments to validate and challenge financial performance
- Lead role within year end close in the team
Strong communication skills are essential in this post with the client looking for an applicant with this and a solid financial reporting and control background. A skill set which demonstrates interaction with the business to discuss financial performance through the balance sheet is key as well as experience working within Financial Services as the ability to get up to speed is essential. The role will also enable the individual to build a strong internal network with the view to a longer term career progression in a business which actively encourages this.
The client gives the successful candidate a chance to develop a financial reporting skill set and have the autonomy and reach of a financial controller in a leading and renown organisation based in Edinburgh.
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 + Benefits excellent benefits and bonus potential