Assistant Tax Advisor - Reward - People Advisory Services
Our People Advisory Services business (PAS) is focused on people management and our vision is to help our clients get it right in all its facets - reward management, global mobility, HR transformation, legislative compliance and much more. PAS has three key pillars: Mobility, Reward and PST (Performance, Systems and Talent).
In Reward we advise leading companies on their reward, employment tax and international long term incentives. By focusing directly on our client's business issues, we provide financially driven solutions for their programmes, from strategy to advising on each element of the package.
Within Reward, the EY GOES team advises clients on the delivery of deferred pay and long term incentives around the world. We work with our clients' headquarters and local payrolls, providing international support to improve their governance, processes, communication and tax compliance. Our clients are some of the largest and most exciting organisations in the world.
This is a very exciting opportunity for career development in a fast growth and constantly changing environment.
- The purpose of the job will be to provide technical support to more senior members of staff, with the longer-term aim of developing into an experienced tax professional
- The role will be critical in ensuring a high quality, consistent service is provided to our clients and the successful candidate will develop a deep knowledge and understanding of our clients and excellent technical tax and project management skills
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Building and maintaining tax relationships with clients and providing high levels of client service
- Assisting in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contributing to winning new clients through innovation, preparation of marketing materials, etc
- Contributing to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
Skills required for the role:
- Quick learner; able and willing to carry out a range of client and technical work
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point. Ability to manage data accurately and quickly
- Very good numerical skills
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly with an enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Effective time management, able to act under own initiative and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and verbal
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
Experience required for the role:
- Relevant experience in the share incentives or/and expatriate tax would be beneficial but not essential
- A-Levels or equivalent - 2 (preferably grade C or above)
- GCSE's - 6 (grade C or above, including maths and English language)
- Study support may be available towards the ATT or CTA as applicable
What Working at EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.