Finance Business Partner with a view to FC
Great opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join an innovative, engineering SME in Central Bristol.
A creative SME whose success has been built on maintaining exceptional client relationships all over the world. They get involved in some of the world's most forward-thinking projects and provide solutions of the highest quality.
- Supervision of Accounts Assistant and Purchase Ledger.
- General Ledger - Preparation and posting of Journals. Creation of new GL codes and maintenance of CoA.
- Sales Ledger - preparation and posting of draft through to final invoices. Credit Control.
- Balance sheet reconciliations. Accruals & Prepayments. Leases.
- Banking - FOREX transactions, bank payment runs, posting cash receipts and one-off payments. Daily cash flow reporting.
- Control and completion of VAT, CIS and PAYE/NIC reporting. Completion of all Statutory returns (CIS/Intrastat etc)
- Control of Fixed Asset register and Depreciation.
- Manage all aspects of the monthly/annual management accounts
- Support the Finance Manager with budgeting, and forecasting
- Responsible for financial processes and compliance to Financial Guidelines and the correct use of financial systems including related audits and tax
- Preparation of Financial Reporting Schedules for annual audit, Tax Packs and Statutory Accounts.
- Liaison with key stakeholders to resolve queries and ensure improved operation
- Provide commercial and financial analysis for the purpose of improvements and operational decision making
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least 2 years post-qualified experience, and a good knowledge of financial and management accounting.
- Experience in a similar role, as well as a background in finance
- Experience with advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups etc)
- Working knowledge of SAP Business One Accounting package
- Taxation understanding
- International SME exposure
- Good understanding of statutory requirements
- Above and beyond the accounting skills required by the individual for this role, they must have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly to all levels within the business.
- An ability to support others in the organisation at all times in essential.
- To be flexible, reliable and happy to solve problems for others in a calm and helpful way.
- Ability to prioritise manage competing demands and work to deadlines
- Resilient - able to work under pressure
- Available to travel in-country and oversees may be occasionally required from time to time.
Competitive basic salary + benefits
View to becoming FC