5 days left
- Part time
Leadership of management accounts and purchase ledger teams. Providing ownership of management accounts; ensuring accurate timely delivery, complemented by appropriate financial controls. Significant focus to improve flexibility and commerciality of accounting teams to best support changing business needs.
Our client is leading Leisure business, private equity backed and with exciting expansion plans.
- To lead the management accounting and purchase ledger teams; providing effective management and development of processes and people.
- Working effectively with commercial finance colleagues and non-finance colleagues, to best support financial performance management of the wider business.
- Responsible for production of monthly management accounts, and demonstrating full understanding of results, plus risks and opportunities.
- Ensure accounts produced in accordance with financial standards, so knowledge of these must be maintained.
- Key point of contact for annual audit processes and assist production of Year-end stat accounts.
- Responsible for day to day cashflow management.
- Proactively managing working capital, whilst maintaining clear view on balance sheet risks and opportunities, and ensuring reconciliation processes are robust and complete.
- Managing monthly VAT calculations and responsible for quarterly VAT returns in conjunction with financial accountant.
- Ownership of GL, PL and FAR applications; managing and improving configuration to best support business needs.
- Provide continual process improvements for a growing business, challenging existing processes and seeking to best use system developments to increase efficiency and accuracy of workflows.
- Preparation of quarterly gym bonus scheme payments.
- Manage fixed asset accounting, and ensure reconciliation of capex additions, disposals and depreciation.
- Work with property development teams to accurately account for and report on capex in the business and assist financial accountant in preparation of capital allowance claim for corporation tax returns.
- Manage PL team, ensuring supplier recs maintained, approving supplier payment runs and challenging workflow to automate where possible.
- Build effective relationships with revenue and payroll teams to ensure accurate GL reporting.
- Participate in any corporate transaction activity.
- Qualified accountant (at least 3-5 years PQE) with proven experience managing teams and delivering monthly accounting.
- Challenges status quo, always seeking ways to improve processes to increase efficiency and add value.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen; able to generate ideas to improve commercial performance of the business.
- Proven credibility when working with professional 3rd parties such as HMRC/Banks/Auditors and other advisors.
- Strong attention to detail, and proven ability to work to deadlines through effective time management.
- Strong manager with proven ability to lead and develop teams and create a motivating culture for team members.
- Can positively challenge to bring out the best in others
- Can build strong working relationships and networks to enable success - across and outside of the business.
- Has the ability to manage numerous projects whilst remaining calm, and ensure deadline delivery
- Experience with multiple accounting software packages; ideally including Sage 200.
Very competitive salary and bonus potential.