Senior Accounts Payable Assistant
5 days left
- Part time
As the Senior Accounts Payable Assistant you will be responsible for preparing, coding and processing the purchase order and non-purchase order invoices and credit notes, developing a working relationship with the key contacts within the company, maintaining accurate supplier accounts and contributing to the efficient execution of the accounts department.
My client is a luxury fashion retail company based in South West London.
As the Senior Accounts Payable Assistant you will be responsible for the below key areas:
- Responsible for the accurate inputting and coding of purchase invoices and credit notes.
- Ensure timely authorisation of invoices by relevant department heads for processing.
- Maintain an accurate daily log of all invoices out to the business for authorisation.
- Ensure invoices are paid in accordance with agreed supplier terms.
- Assist with the collation and review of payment proposals and ensure remittance advices are sent to suppliers.
- Assist in the processing of company credit card returns, ensuring VAT is correctly accounted for.
- Reconcile supplier accounts on a regular basis and resolve all anomalies and discrepancies.
- Respond to supplier queries in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Develop strong relationships and networks with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain new supplier accounts within the Navision accounting system.
- Assist the Purchase Ledger Manager with all month-end procedures to ensure that agreed timescales are achieved.
- Assist in opening all received mail and distributing accordingly.
- Ensure that all supplier invoices are filed regularly.
- Work in conjunction with the Purchase Ledger Manager to assist in the continual development of the purchase ledger to improve the efficiency of the department.
As the Senior Accounts Payable Assistant you will:
- Have worked in Accounts Payable for a minimum of 2 years.
- Have used Excel to an intermediate standard.
- Be organised, able to prioritise and have an enthusiastic attitude towards the role.
- Ideally have used Navision (But not essential).
- Ideally have worked in a fast paced environment (Retail, Hospitality).
£24,000 - £26,000 + a market leading benefits package.