Commercial Finance Analyst
This role will become an integral part of the companies aim to drive profitability by providing high quality financial analysis, appropriate challenge and balanced decision-making support. The Commercial Finance Analyst will develop a through understanding of the P&L and the drivers behind business performance, they are looking for a commercially astute, self-motivated and qualified accountant to join their passionate and driven team.
Our client are a leading global distribution business based in Harlow, as part of a larger FTSE 100 company specialising in international sales and distributions. The company are passionate about their product and keen to find a like-minded Commercial Finance Analyst to join their team.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the P&L and the drivers of profitability and return on capital performance, partner with business leads to deliver against KPIs
- Weekly forecasting of key P&L items for the month along with variance analysis against budget and week on week
- Assist in driving annual budget process and quarterly profit re-forecasting.
- Own the monthly bonus submission for sales/commercial/support staff and provide commentary against budget & actual profit performance
- Assist the Finance Controller in managing balance sheet risk and opportunities
- Support business during / after SAP implementation
- Communicate complex financial information to non-financial members of the business
- Deliver finance training to sales and commercial to increase awareness
- Production of monthly board packs and reviews with senior management
- Qualified accountant
- Experience in commercial finance and business partnering desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will part of a team that is the face of Finance in Harlow
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Proven track record in financial analysis
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in a FMCG or distribution environment is desirable
- Familiarity with Oracle, SAP or Qlikview is desirable
The successful Commercial Finance Analyst will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including a 20% bonus.